“In 100 years there will not be so many books printed, but there will be more said. That seems to me to be inevitable.”
–Newark Daily Advocate, Predictions for 1993 (March 25, 1893)
Before we get to the “how,” lets spend a few minutes focusing on why you should create a website:
- Great men throughout history have kept journals, because they understood the importance of recording events for both mental clarity and future reference.
- Putting your ideas out for the world will attract like minded people. From running sites in the past, I’ve met some really cool folks and formed some strong friendships. Without a website I would never have met any of those awesome people.
- Put up some ads, sign up for Amazon Associates, write and sell an eBook – you might even make enough money to quit your job and move to the Azores!
- Writing is actually fun and easy, I actually enjoy sitting down and crafting posts.
- Building something is much more satisfying than the latest episode of Honey Boo Boo ever will be.
- People will write to you and thank you for changing their lives, the feeling that this gives you is unlike anything else in the world.
If your interested in owning a site, just head over to WordPress.com, click the “Get Started” button, WordPress will walk you through the steps necessary launch your site. This entire process should take about a minute or so, after which you’ll be the proud owner of a shiny new website.
Once your site is up and running, post new content at least three days a week. After a year or so, head over to HostGator and transfer your site to an independent domain.
P.S. If you don’t know what to write about, don’t worry. I’ll be giving you some content ideas in my next post.